VGM Group, in partnership with the Waterloo Community Foundation, has awarded five $1,500 scholarships to dependents of VGM Group employees. This year’s recipients are:
- Cooper Fort of Cedar Falls High School. Cooper will attend the University of Iowa.
- Evangeline Miehe of Waterloo West High School. Miehe will attend Florida State University.
- Kaylee Winterscheidt of Janesville High School. Winterscheidt will attend Iowa State University.
- Noah Boose of Waterloo West High School. Boose will attend Hawkeye Community College.
- Ruby Chris of Waterloo West High School. Chris will attend the University of Iowa.
“We are so proud to support our VGM employees and their families,” said VGM Chief People Officer Sara Laures. “We are excited for these deserving students and grateful we are able to assist in financing their education and invest in the next generation in our community.”
To be eligible for the VGM Scholarship, students must be a dependent of a full-time employee at VGM Group, a senior in high school and graduating in 2021, and planning to pursue a degree at an accredited post-secondary educational institution in fall 2021. The student must also have had a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
All applications were reviewed by the Waterloo Community Foundation, who also selected the scholarship recipients.
“It’s an honor to partner with VGM to offer scholarships to local students pursuing higher education,” said Lori Johnson, Board President of the Waterloo Community Foundation. “Each scholarship helps turn educational dreams into reality for students and their families. We are grateful for the forward-thinking leadership at VGM who is investing in the next generation and in the future workforce of our community.”